Nestled between the banks of the Limpopo and Luvuvhu rivers, far in the north of the Kruger National Park, lies a land embraced by mountains and gorges. A land of baobab and fever trees, of great cats and huge herds of elephant. A land humming with life. It is against this rich landscape that our safari experiences unfold, whether it’s at Pafuri Luxury Tented Camp, on a Pafuri Walking Trail or at Baobab Hill Bush House.
What stirs you? Is it the call of the wild, the promise of places unexplored? Is it the intricacies of South African culture or perhaps the sheer grandeur of its landscapes? Return to Africa and you’ll find adventure and tranquillity, peace and purpose. With us, the benefits of your travel flow to the communities that are entwined with the land. Because it’s the embrace of the people and their places where the RETURNAfrica magic lies.
Fair trade is at the heart of our brand. Together with our partners, we’re taking responsible tourism to new heights – where our business is the driving force behind local community advancement.
From solar power to water usage, we build our initiatives on sustainability. Locally-sourced products, eco-friendly amenities and skills development all play their part in nurturing the environment and improving lives.
Imagine lazing on your private deck, watching antelope follow the sunset towards the river. Hearing your heart beat to ghostly drums on moonlit nights and feeling the ancestors of the Makuleke in the stars and sand. Imagine falling asleep to the symphony of the bush, rising with the sun to join our master guides as we explore wildest Africa.
Pafuri is our flagship camp, featuring:
- Twelve en-suite luxury tents for couples or singles
- Seven en-suite luxury tents for families of up to four
- A bush bar and swimming pool
- An al-fresco dining area under the trees
- Breakfast, high tea and dinner served on the deck above the river
- Local food and dance experiences in the Makuleke village
- Guided tours on foot or an open vehicle
PAFURI WALKING TRAILS
See untamed Africa from a new perspective. Our walking trails wind through the remotest corners of the Kruger, giving you the chance to stumble upon the Big Five in their untouched habitat. For the truly adventurous, we occasionally offer minimalist trails that wander across borders into the transfrontier park, where you’ll sleep under the stars and feel totally removed from civilisation – yet perhaps closest to yourself.
- Open from April to October each year
- Minimum two nights
- Experienced field guides
- Home base at our seasonal bush camp for hearty food and drink
BAOBAB HILL BUSH HOUSE
If it’s privacy you seek, Baobab Hill is the answer. Our rustic homestead perches on a ridge just north of the Luvuvhu, shaded by the branches of great baobabs and shrouded in history – it was once the Pafuri ranger’s station.
- Self-catering/catered options available
- Fenced to create a child-friendly environment
- Four bedrooms sleep up to eight people
- Swimming pool
- Open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge
- Wide “Out of Africa” veranda for sundowners and homemade meals
- Professional guide and open safari vehicle at your disposal